Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bullshit!

Thinking of meeting tools and defibrillators, my mind is occupied by what most would call a distraction, rather than a tool. Of course, I refer to that glorious composition; Bullshit Bingo.

I openly advocate for explatives in meetings, but BBingo runs deeper than the novelty and gratuitous cheap laughs. Monitoring how authentic our language is can be a valuable discipline.

I recently had my wrist slapped for saying "desired state". A staunch co-facilitator stopped me mid-sentence to remind me to call things what people recognize them as. "Desired state? Why don't you just call it what we should be doing?".

For practical application, I suggest customizing the BBingo field to include the jargon that you and your fellow delegates are most guilty of abusing in-meeting. Enjoy.

No comments: