Monday, April 21, 2008

Visualization

People have been buying into Dan Pink's whole brain philosophy, but I'm not sure that I see too many people living it (and can't make too many claims myself). Hopefully in time the traction will turn into observable results.

Tufte is a household name, and I can think of few people that wouldn't agree that we could use new ways of observing and consuming data.

Still, presentations are dominated by PowerPoint. PowerPoints are dominated by text. When is the massive shift going to take place? How much longer must we endure? I don't have any answers, but I do have the coolest resource to provide some ideas on how to visualize datasets and other. I love this site.

Expect to see many more postings about visualizing and analyzing social networks, value networks, and other interrelated complex action.

No comments: