Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The YouTube Phenomenon

The stats around YouTube are well documented and very relevant to markets, media, etc. Have a gander at this anthropological look at what YouTube has done and is doing, though. It's fascinating subject matter, and a great lesson in using media in presentations.

It's interesting to think about how YouTube or a similar concept could be used in support of collaborations. I'm facilitating a meeting soon where all participants have made a case for why their department should be entitled to certain resources in advance of the meeting. I'd way rather see the videos than read these documents, and I'm sure the rest of the group would too.

More aligned with this lecture would be a way to share profiles and connect people before a meeting. I can't see too many people biting on this idea, but I'm sure there's a group out there that's willing to expose themselves a la YouTube to accelerate a tight group dynamic in a meeting.

No comments: