Friday, September 5, 2008

Working the Tags

I appreciate all of the comments I get, but have to remark on an interesting trend I've noticed in some over the last month. Click on any of the below to see the relevant posting, for which the comments will be listed below.


  1. Glance - In a posting about webconferencing options, a representative from an organization called Glance offered the comment that their solution is one more alternative, and offered me an extended free trial to one year. I am taking advantage of the trial now. Clearly there's an expectation that I react to the product in this arena. I'll report if I use it for anything groundbreaking. For now, I will neutrally say that it is definitely easy to use. For pure screen sharing, it does the job very well and with no hassle to participants at all.

  2. Dan Pink - Talking about fundamental decisions, I commented on Johnny Bunko. Author of the book, Dan Pink, actually offered a comment. Kind of trivial in that it thanked and acknowledged, but didn't offer much insight to speak of besides a correction of the terminology (I'd used "fundamental maneuvres", he uses "fundamental reasons". Worth noting the difference here)

  3. Wired - After the Crowdsourcing post about the Jeff Howe podcast, WIRED staffer Jim commented that I should check out a link to an interview he had done with how. I will of course check it out, and I will of course blog about it.

It's clear that these people are searching and reacting to relevant tags (see below this posting for an example of those). This can help people identify relevance and seek communication and even marketing opportunities amongst the infinite number of blogs out there. In this we see the real web characteristic of blogging.

How can you or your organization seek an audience or develop influence using tags as a tool?

No comments: